Maybe you have never driven on dual carriageway or motorway, or maybe you’re nervous of driving on them
They are unlike any other roads due to the increase of lanes & higher volumes of traffic. Motorways have their own signs & rules, which will be covered before you venture onto the motorway.
This day course covers the following elements which will give you the knowledge & confidence to drive on motorways independently & with no test at the end!
- Planning journeys.
- Joining & leaving.
- Overtaking & lane discipline.
- Driver fatigue.
- Breakdown & Emergency procedures (use of lights including the hazard warning lights)
- Effective observation, planning in advance. Speed selection in different circumstances.
- Signs, signals & road markings.
- Weather conditions & debris on the roads.
- Smart motorways
We recommend that you read through the following materials
- The Highway Code
- Driving: The Essential Skills
All official publications by DSA are available through www.tso.co.uk or bookshops.